Monday, Jan. 23, I stayed at the house late to critique Sean’s sales calls and then headed to Boyle Heights on the train.

It was our slowest week ever work wise so moral was low. We made plans to take everyone to a huge mansion party with the Expansion and Greatful Friday tribes to give them something to be excited towards for the week.

The week was filled with the normal Terrets of Scott, Blaines DJ mixing, and Mr. Davids stories about the acting on the set of his short film. I did some extra bike exploring during lunches to improve the odds of meeting an interesting girl but that was about it for things out of the norm.

The weekend was packed with excitement. Friday, Sean stopped by and took Blaine and I to the greatful Friday and Expansion tribes party at the Humingbird Ranch mansion in Semi valley. We wanted to get there by 9 to get our free VIP entries. If you arrive later you draw attention and upset the $20 ticket holders and our event organizer friends. Once we got in touch with the organizer, Alex came and brought us our wristbands.

Once inside the horse stable area, there were painters, tat artists, screen printers, and jewelry makers everywhere. There was a stage suspended above the dance floor in the show room and a bar and DJ in side rooms.

About 10:30 Will, Scott, Dave and Foundation showed up to complete our 7 man entourage.

Every 30 minutes there would be fire performers and silk rope dancers. It was a great vibe but I again failed to connect to anyone of interest and was ready to leave around 2a.

We swapped Blaine for Scott and headed back to SI headquarters. As we approached the Burbank exit off the i5 Sean ran us out of gas. Luckily we coasted off the freeway and 3 blocks from a gas station. Sean started to call triple A and I used my new phone to locate the nearest gas station and got out to walk for gas. I found a few plastic containers to fill and returned with them long before roadside assistance was anywhere near.

We got back to SI about 3:30 and just as I was falling a sleep the rest of the crew came in to start the after hours party. There was going to be no sleep for me now but I pulled the blanket over my head and tried.

Around 9:30 I forced my self up to prepare for the Chinatown new years festival and parade. As I arrived, I met an amazing girl named Zara. She just moved from Paris to volunteer with Human Hope to save victims caught in human trafficking. We shared some travel stories and exchanged information before she headed to a conference at the convention center.

The entertainment on the main stage was amazing and the parade was exciting as well. The first act was a dancing dragon routine. Some other acts included juggling, flex yoga and hoop jumping. The parade was full of great acts. My favorites included some universal studio vehicles including a bat mobile, General Lee and Scoobies Mystery Van.

The dancing dragons were everywhere in all colors but there was no candy or fireworks due to city ordinances. The finali act on stage for Saturday night was a professional dance team led by a gymnast that could move her body upside down on one single arm. The strength and balance was something only imagined by a comic super hero.

After the parade we headed back to Sean’s to recover from 30+ hours of excitement.

Sunday, I went to Santa Monica to hang out in the park on the bluffs. On the bus I met a couple Australian boys traveling the Americas over the winter and a female body builder from South Carolina.

I biked the mile long park and then picked an interesting girl to chat with. An attractive girl had a bunch of bags around her indicating she was homeless so I sat by her and we talked about her story.

Julia and her family had been evicted for pot complaints by neighbors and then she broke her foot and lost her job. Her mom was looking for work and her brother only had part time work. Evicting someone with a medical card in California for self medicating is a violation of the fair housing act but they can not find an attorney to take their case.

I gave her what money I had and told her to scan her art at the library and send it to me so we could help her raise money. Next, I went down to the north end of the park and picked a spot with a lot of cute girls to relax.

I sat on the fence in plane view and worked on carving some wood. My bronze tanned, muscular physique covered in shinny oil was too much to resist as one after another they lined up to see if I was a movie star or model of some type.

By the time the sun set, I had 5 new phone numbers but only 1 would intice me to follow up. Of the bunch, a couple doctors kept the conversation going the longest. One was an alternative medical specialist focused on natural healing. I was interested enough that I added her on facebook but I had a feeling she was not interested in working out much so I didn’t ask her out.

My favorite of the group was an anastesiaologist who talked about her favorite running trails and medical insurance fraud. She watched the final 30 minutes of the sunset with me, told me to txt her to workout sometime and then we parted ways.

It was a good day.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s